Place your Paddock Roller order NOW.
On-Farm Drought Infrastructure Support Grants
The Victorian Government recently established the “On-Farm Drought Infrastructure Support Grants” program. The purpose of the program is to assist farm businesses implement on-farm infrastructure to improve drought management and preparedness.
What is on offer?
A grant of up to $5,000 (ex-GST) for on-farm infrastructure.
Eligibility – basic conditions
Only available to farm businesses in one of the listed 22 Local Government Areas/Shires:
|East Gippsland||Gannawarra||Greater Bendigo||Greater Shepparton|
Important: West Wimmera Shire is currently not included
- Farm must match the grant on at least a dollar for dollar basis;
- Only one grant per applicant, even if they operate multiple farm businesses;
- Written approval must be received before commencing infrastructure works;
- Must purchase infrastructure investment within 3 months of approval;
- Must keep tax invoice(s), and proof of payment for the grant to be paid;
- Works must not be eligible under another Government funding program;
- Minimum grant amount is $1,000 (ex-GST);
- No income or assets test;
- Must improve the drought preparedness and better position the farm business into the future
Examples of eligible improvements
- Items to construct a new or improve an existing Stock Containment Area;
- Reticulated water systems using pumps, tanks and troughs for livestock;
- Grain and fodder storage (eg. silos, hay sheds);
- Internal re-fencing to better match property layout and land capability;
- Fencing for the exclusion of wildlife to protect crops and pasture;
- Shelter belts for shade and associated fencing;
- Feeding system upgrades;
- Adoption of precision farming techniques;